ISB in association with TiE Hyderabad chapter, is conducting ‘Velocity’, a business plan competition for startups. This competition is being held as a part of TiE-ISB Connect 2010, the largest networking event for entrepreneurs to connect with VCs and mentors. Its a well sought networking event which attracts VCs and entrepreneurs across all countries.
The competition is open and participants will have to send in their business plan summary online through here. The last date for registering is September 20, 2010. The selection criteria is as below-
• Participating ventures should have been in operation for at least three months to a maximum of three years.
• The plan/ venture should be scalable, market ready and must have taken the first steps for revenue generation.
• Must have a team with adequate technical / management education or business experience
Six ventures will be short listed in the finals of the competition and they will get an opportunity to present their business plan to a panel of investors. ‘Velocity’ offers a several benefits to the participants such as presenting their plans to VC’s, funding, mentor support, networking and getting their plans incubated at the ISB.
• Hyderabad Angels, a VC firm based in Hyderabad, will make a guaranteed investment of 25 lakhs in one of the finalist ventures. The selected venture will also have access to a mentoring programme to facilitate a working relationship with the VC, academics and relevant experts.
• The short listed ventures will also be eligible to apply to the Entrepreneurship Development Initiative at the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (WCED) at the ISB
TiE-ISB Connect 2010, will be held from October 29 to 30, 2010 at Hyderabad. The objective of the TiE-ISB Connect 2010 is to bring together all the elements necessary for real venture creation. Its mission is to- :
• Provide a platform, together with important tools, resources and networking opportunities, to assist all aspiring entrepreneurs, in taking their first steps on their entrepreneurial journey
• Facilitate the creation of new ventures with potential for high growth and a global mindset
• Engage the venture-support community to rally around entrepreneurial innovation and provide the necessary eco-system for its development
• Generate a positive economic impact by encouraging and nurturing high growth potential entrepreneurship together with a vibrant private equity market.