2009 was tough year for companies in raising venture capital since most of the VC firms were averse to taking risks. However VC investments and deals took place. Here are the top 5 VCs in terms of investments -
|VC firm||No. of Deals||Total Investments|
|Matrix Partners India||5||$50M|
|Nexus Venture Partners||7||$35M|
- Intel Capital invested in One97 Communications, IndiaMART.com, Global Talent Track, FINO, ItzCash and BuzzInTown.
- Matrix Partners India invested in FIIJEE, Ver se Innovation Private Limited, Siesta Hospitality, ItzCash and Quikr.
- NVP invested in PubMatic, MapMyIndia, Eka Software Solutions, VMops, OLX Inc, Deccan Healthcare and mCheck.
- Helion Ventures invested in Pubmatic, YLG, Brand Calculus, GETIT infoserve and Global talent track.
- Aavishkaar invested in Waterlife India Pvt Ltd, Zameen Organic, Swas Healthcare, Saraplast, Suryoday and Utkarsh Microfinance